Wish I Had Said That

"I learned long ago not to be intimidated by an absence of difficulty"
- John Gill

"Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will."-Frederick Douglass

"If my thought dreams could be seen, they'd probably put my head in a guillotine"-Bob Dylan

Monday, February 6, 2012

Seaching and Finding

Skiing and more skiing.  Gotta get out even if its not epic.  Been skiing in Yellowstone National Park a bit the past several weeks.  Good stuff, long flat approaches keep the riff-raff out.  Nice country.  Someday I am gonna make a POV movie about a slow approach.  Oh yeah, I would have to waste some money on the camera first.  Nobody Cares About Your POV.  Goes along with the Nobody Cares ethos.

New slogan idea:  "I Skin Steeper Than You Ski".  Zana thought it was stupid....literally.  Maybe she was hating the skin-track I was putting in at the moment.

Took the skis on a great walk into the Southern Madison from the west on Saturday.  After miles of hiking with minimal snow we agreed to turn around.   Saw a nice 200' water ice flow coming out of some limestone.  Drove on some neat country roads.  Was reminded of how you can drive out of Bozeman for 30 miles and enter Montana.

Felt really bad for taking up a day off of Zana's with my silly map-chasing ideas.

I have put in over 10 days already in the Northern Gallatins.  Even installed the Gallatin National Forest Avalanche Center Memorial Skin Track.  Good snow, but getting a little tired of the same treks.  Plus, the skiing is not making my legs tired. 

Went back to one of my favorite zones in the Spanish Peaks.  Success!  Got to do a semi-mega tour.  Booted 1600' of north-facing coolly and then did it again.  Skiing was good, stability was passable.  Did not have to look at Big Sky for long.  The light was amazing.  I did not bring a camera in the interests of going fast and light, plus it was my fifth day in the backcountry this week.  Thought I might start feeling tired.  Got some new ideas rocking for the next week of no snow.

A circumnavigation of Blaze Mountain is coming up soon.  

Cheers,



1 comment:

  1. Nice to see something new on here!
    Let me know if you want to borrow my contour to work on your film project. Not getting tired enough? You'd probably get more tired if you carried your camera with you, no? :)
    By the way, just got super distracted for no less than 3 minutes staring at your rapidly changing sports action photos.
    Always nice to read your thoughts. Been to the SoMad at all recently?

    ReplyDelete

Followers