Wish I Had Said That

"I learned long ago not to be intimidated by an absence of difficulty"
- John Gill

"Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will."-Frederick Douglass

"If my thought dreams could be seen, they'd probably put my head in a guillotine"-Bob Dylan

Friday, March 18, 2011

Yurting for a Hurting or is it Hurting for a Yurting

The light is green for some deluxe Yurt residing this weekend!

I have pulled through another heinous bout of the flu, the second one this season. Weird, after several years of non-sickness I get way-laid twice (twice!) in one winter. I call Bullshit on that!

Life is good in the Bozone all in all. Rock-climbing is picking-up again. We made it out to the Batholith last weekend with a good-sized crew and worked on some gnar. Feeling good on the stone.

I am really getting in-touch with the Bozeman Public Library as well. Its amazing how well read the homeless of Bozeman must be for all the time they spend here. Ah, the hidden secrets of Amerika. Seriously.

Mecca, Deschutes River, Central Oregon.
more mecca

Perhaps I will be back to this zone soon. Looking for work and Smith Rocks might be callin'. Love the Mecca zone, its probably all developed out and nobody is climbing there any longer. Perfect for me to squeeze in a few more FA's (first ascent) and fight with some rattlesnakes and eagles.


mecca2

mecca

All photos from my friend Mark Deffenbaugh.

Alas, the powder calls and the Tobacco Roots are a gem of a place to watch the moon and stars.


Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers