Wish I Had Said That

"I learned long ago not to be intimidated by an absence of difficulty"
- John Gill

"Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will."-Frederick Douglass

"If my thought dreams could be seen, they'd probably put my head in a guillotine"-Bob Dylan

Monday, July 12, 2010

July Maintaining

Life is Climbing and Climbing is Life....I guess.

I've re-taken up the art of hand-drilling...again. So fun. Over the course of the past month I've gotten 6 new pitches in the Beartooths done and several projects in the Gallatin going. The beartooths crags are amazing and out there. Fully. I love getting away from the masses and their circumstances. Walking is good for us, we are bi-pedal instruments. If I have to listen to another climber moan about a 1/2 hour approach to something I think I might have to grab all their gear and burn it. Seriously, do we have to drive up to everything?

The bouldering hasn't been happenning as of late. Thats okay too. Its high summer and there are things to be done on bigger stones. Of course the intimate feeling of death always draws me closer. There is so much to be done. Nobody seems to be getting into the Humbugs to continue the evolution there. I have my .12+(?) sport project (Ionized Reality) in there to finish. I'll get in and take the path forward.

The second pitch of "I am a Wicked Child" in the Gallatin is ready to go. I've been shut-down by partner's fubars twice and rain once in the past week. I need to finish this bitch. I think its going to go at a solid 5.12 (GallyStyle) and any onsight will be a mind-blower. I will buy the first onsight a large pitcher of beer to celebrate. I got back on the "The Pagan" above the Watercolor Wall and am now thinking that it is not .11c.....12a? So fun and in the face.

Hasta

1 comment:

Followers