Wish I Had Said That

"I learned long ago not to be intimidated by an absence of difficulty"
- John Gill

"Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will."-Frederick Douglass

"If my thought dreams could be seen, they'd probably put my head in a guillotine"-Bob Dylan

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Skier Gentrification

I'll give it ten years and this zone will be fully gentrified by the "dirtbag" skier "culture".  The goods are just too tasty.  Surely, we will be seeing more articles and photos imploring the masses to come ski this last best place.  It is the way.  Until then, I am going to get mine.


 photo f498560c-1789-480e-ae32-4ce6551e6564.jpg Six solid days on top of several previous days around Bozeman created a nice little ski holiday from my normal ski holiday. As my partner sat at home fighting a virus and wishing she could ski with me. I was honored to ski a few days with one of the few winter residents of Cooke who actually back-country skis. Hopefully I passed the muster, even with a non-dynafit set-up. The anti-social nature fits me well. Skiing and partying in posses has no attraction for me. It just slows the process down and you are held to the whims of the most conservative members of your posse. Skied two blissful days by myself, pounding some north-facing steep powder. Even got to listen to some streaming dub-step up high on the spines of Montana. Hell Yes!  photo _AMW1379_edit_bw_resize.jpg Oh yeah, namaste bitches.

1 comment:

  1. Hopefully its distance from a big population center/lack of economy conducive to "dirtbag" jobs/little room for growth will slow the process down a little, but I agree with you. Already happening based on evidence from my last couple trips.

    Anyway, rad photos. Hopefully we can make it over there together one of these days.

    ReplyDelete

Followers